Saturday, May 9, 2009

Proud of both my boys today! Bragging rights, please!

Kristopher plays soccer and last week his daddy told him that when he kicks the ball he needs to follow through and go with it. Meaning, stay with the ball! I told Kris that for each goal he'd earn $1 ... last week he got 3 goals. Today, he got 5. Thank God there are only 2 games left! LOL

and now to Jake~
He was given the game ball, for the most effort in his baseball game today!! This is the boy that cried and cried when he didn't want to practice and when he wanted to quit!

2 years ago Jake had the coach he has this year and that coach taught Jake how to be a catcher ... last year Jake was the catcher for another coach. This year, Jake refused to catch, made all kinds of excuses (laziness!!)...The coach knew that is where Jake belonged. In fact, the coach and I have talked about it...

Well, tonight, the coach said to Jake "If you want to play you have to catch" ... Jake said fine.

OMG OMG OMG did he ever do outstanding!! That IS his position! The coaches were all so proud of him...that is where my boy belongs, behind the plate!

Tonight Jake was on cloud 9...I'm on cloud 9! Even though they lost.

So, I treated Jake to a brand new.........(well, he never had one) ..........

























CUP. Yep, I had to take Jake to get a penile protector. LOL Boy was that a hoot! He also earned new cleats, I wasn't buying him a new pair until he showed me he wanted to be there. Not that I was letting him ever quit, but I wasn't buying him a pair to do half-ass playing.

Thanks to both my boys for making your mom very very proud of you today!

1 comments:

Melony said...

WOOHOO to both boys! That's awesome! Glad Jake is doing better with baseball.