Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I totally forgot!

I adopted my black 3 - legged cat from the Humane Society (yes, 3 legs!) and with him came an index card. His previous owner was an elderly man, that lost his wife, who left him with 4 grown cats. He couldn't care for them, so took them into the Humane Society. With each one of the cats he had an index card ... written on the card was what each cat liked. A few odd things were on Petey's card.
~Petey loves to eat honeydew melon & cantaloupe.

I didn't remember this until the other night, the kids were eating cantaloupe and Jake left his plate of rhines (how is that spelled?) on the floor...




Petey was in heaven! It's been at least 4 years since he has had any ...


After a bit, Hayden arrived to see what all the fuss was about... Frank and I were watching him and it was like Hayden was thinking: "I don't get it, man" LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fancy that, a melon eating cat. I have one dog who loves celery and one who pulls the strangest of faces - but refuses to let the other one have it so eventually eats it.

Lovely cats - and isn't it melon skin not rind? What do I know?

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

My dog eats all kinds of fruit and veggies and my cat ( before she died) liked popcorn.. go figure!!

KRISTI said...

OMG that's great!! The boys love their fruit.