Sunday, January 11, 2009

I was tagged...are you next?

1.Go to your documents

2. Go to your 6th file.

3.Go to your 6th picture.

4. Blog about it.

5. Tag 6 friends to do the same.

So, here is my picture:


Well...interesting choice...I haven't told this story on here, so this is good...anyway, this is Hayden (Full Name: Nikki Hayden after the motorcycle racer ~ what is that correct term, Frank?) getting his first bath w/in hours of bringing him home. In December, 2007, I lost a cat we had for just about 10 years, he died in his sleep...(poor Cookie, I still miss him!) after numerous attempts at finding a kitten, Christmas time is not a good time to find a kitten!, we decided to go to a farm and ask if they had any.

We couldn't find that farm, LOL, but when we turned down the road we thought the farm was on, we saw about 20 (or more) tailless cats and they were running after our car!

It was a site to see, I've never had cats attack my car or had seen so many tailless cats at a time! Frank stopped the van and talked me into knocking on the door and asking them if we can have one of their kittens (there were so many!) ... Frank said "Make sure it's that fluffy one with a tail! I don't want a cat w/out a tail!"

So, I go a knocking...LOL...as I'm walking to the door, all the tailless cats, and the kitten w/a tail, are following me, rubbing against my legs, tripping me, anything to get some lovving...the fluffy kitten is purring soooooooo loud that he was shaking the ground (ok not really, but you get what I mean), so I knock and a very elderly man comes to the door with another 20+ tailless cats...(and the smell, OMG, the smell!)

I explained to him what had happened to my cat and explained to him about no kittens to be found and explained to him how we couldn't find the farm...I asked him if we could buy a kitten off of him.

He looked at me, and then at the cats, and then said "You can have that there kitten w/the tail. He made himself at home here and I only collect the cats w/out tails."

So, that is how we got Hayden ... w/a tail ...




Now...I tag, Kristi, Aunt Cheri, Shelle, Kyla & Gail!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story.

Anonymous said...

Awwww you were meant to be his mummy! So where do tail-less cats come from? Are they born that way - are they Manx cats as we call them from the Isle of Mann?

Poor kitty in the wash like that!

I'm off to do the taggy!

thanks for tagging me.

kmath said...

LOL, ok. I'm going. So cute by the way Ker!

Colette S said...

That cat was for you honey. That's a great story.