Saturday, November 14, 2009

Walmart and the savings to be had!

I really do not like Walmart...never have, but here in Colorado, I have very little choice of where I can shop. At least the cashiers are friendly, unlike in my 'old' hometown!

I decided to make a list of the deals at Walmart that I found by reading a mass of blogs. I pulled out all the coupons I needed for the trip and set out w/4 kids (1 extra) in tow. Oh, now, give me a break, it was a rainy day, I knew the kids needed something to do! ;)

I purchased a total of 54 items ... the total before coupons was: $73.00 ... after all my coupons were deducted, I paid: $41.00. That averages to about .76 cents per item. I'll list the items, if you want to know what coupons I used, let me know and I'll tell Or, come visit at www.ourcouponhome.com for the Walmart forum, and find them.

The price is pre-coupon price...

Milk - $2.27 (no coupon)
Bread - $1.38 (no coupon)
Lunch Meat (Hillshire Farm) - $3.00 (No coupon)
2 Spaghetti O's - .88 (no coupon)
4 pks - Great Value Noodles - $1.00 (no coupon)
4 pks McCormick Brown Gravy - .50
2 Welch's Sparkling Juice - $2.97
1 Honey Bunch's of Oats - $2.50
2 Reach Floss - $1.12
2 Frozen Healthy Choice Dinners - $1.88 & 2.00
3 Danimals Crush cups - $2.12
6 pouches Starkist tuna - $1.00
2 Starkist tuna to go kits - $1.67
10 pks Kotex Lightday pads (20 ct) - $1.00
1 Axe Trial body wash - $.97 (no coupon)
1 Bod Spray - $.97 (no coupon)
1 Hot wheels car - $.97 (no coupon)
2 McCormick Taco Seasoning - .50 (no coupon)
1 Boys T-shirt - $1.00 (no coupon)
1 Boys Shorts - $1.00 (no coupon)
2 Halloween Chip's Ahoy - $1.50 (no coupon)
1 Great Value Chips - $1.75 (no coupon)
1 Great Value Cheetos - $1.38 (no coupon)
2 Frozen Mac/Cheese Meals - $1.08 (no coupon)

For the record, the kids were rewarded for their time ... we went to the duck pond to feed the ducks...on this cold rainy day :)

0 comments: