Friday, February 25, 2011

My diet and more ...

In 19 days I've lost 14lbs ... most of my weight has come off my chest and my face, some off my belly ...

My workouts consist of weights (bands) and cardio. Each day is a different workout. P90X is what I follow, although, I can only do 20 to 30 minutes of each dvd. I'm still very happy with that, better than nothing! My favorite is the weights, I use resistant bands mostly. We work out our legs, back, shoulders, arms, and abs ...

Here are a list of the foods that I may eat during the day (several options are listed):

Breakfast:
Egg Beaters w/slice of wheat/grain toast
Egg Whites w/slice of wheat/grain toast
Wheat/Grain Toast w/hummus
Special K or other healthy cereal

Snack:
Banana
Yogurt (w/bit of granola)
Apple
Carrots/Celery (be careful on the carrot intake, they are loaded w/sugar!)
5 to 7 nacho chips w/salsa
Turkey Pepperoni

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich (1 slice of cheese) w/mustard
Salad - lite dressing, but very little
Soup - very lite soup, no cream base soups

Snack: -- see above

Dinner:
93% hamburger patties on thin bun w/ketchup ... rice and veggie on side
Soup - minestrone is a great one! Use chicken for the meat
93% hamburger meat w/rice and canned tomatoes mixed together
Steak - trim fat! w/veggie and rice (or 1/2 a baked potato)
Grilled Chicken - w/veggie and rice (or 1/2 baked potato)

Snack: see above

We use the George Foreman Grill a lot!

The more protein the better!! Your body loves protein and burns it fast! Boneless chicken breast is one of the best sources of protein!

Good carbs include: Beans, corn, rice, sweet potato ...

Water, water and water!! I do have my pot of coffee in the A.M. but make up for my water intake throughout the day. I try to have 6 to 8 glasses each day.

Oh, Sunday is what we consider a 'free' day ... this doesn't mean to pig out, but it means to go ahead and eat something, like pizza, that you may not eat during the week!

1 comments:

LJ said...

Kerri, I'm so proud of you. But a lot of people are really misinformed about protein. Email me if you want to know about even healthier sources.

xoxo,
LJ